Updated: Mar 26, 2020
1. Cardamom (Black or Green) - Cardamom is it self a best spices in the Spices family. Both black and green cardamom are known for boosting Immunity, specifically the Black cardamom known to alleviate the cold and few respiratory problems. Chewing cardamom itself has a warmth and soothing effect on our body during winters. People can find these spices very soon in the De MASALA BOX which are going to be organic.
2. Cinnamon - It is one of the sweetest spices in the planet earth due to its sweet smell. It helps in reducing Blood sugar level and reduce the chances of Heart attack, but you have to make sure you have Ceylon variety of cinnamon in small quantity. It is been proven that cinnamon helps in losing visceral fat and supports weight loss. Its antimicrobial and antiparasitic makes it once of the healthiest spices of all time.
3. Clove - Essential oil of clove is being used in aromatic way in various medicines and dishes. The natural flavour of clove is good for preparing rice, soups and various rice and curry related dishes. The warmth of clove oil has natural advantages in combination with ginger , cinnamon and black pepper, specially in winter clove can be combined with honey, ginger and light tea which helps in soothing the sore throat. Clove is most important element of 'GARAM MASALA' -the common spice blend of Indians. It has proven that the flavour and essential oil of clove is strong and give relief from toothache.
4. Ginger - Ginger is a popular spice. It is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It has been proven that ginger help in treating many form of Nausea and morning sickness (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20842754)
5. Black Pepper - Practitioners of Ayurvedic medicine – a holistic healing system( https://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/ayurvedic-treatments#1)developed over 3,000 years ago, in India – prescribe Black pepper or peppercorn as the tonic for cold and cough during winter. This is because ground pepper is effective at providing relief from sinusitis and nasal congestion, breaking up mucus in the respiratory tract, and helping to expel phlegm deposits from the body.